M.I.T. RISING STAR IN EECS
- Selected to participate in a 2-day workshop at M.I.T. ECCS for graduate students interested in academic careers.
- The objective of the workshop is “to identify and mentor outstanding electrical engineers, computer scientists, and artificial intelligence & decision-making engineers and scientists.”
- The workshop “brings together the world’s brightest researchers in EECS for scientific interactions and discussions about navigating the early stages of careers as a group leader in academia.
Words of Wisdom panel at MIT EECS Rising Stars 2021, with the impressive Ronitt Rubinfeld, Donna Strickland, Ana Claudia Arias, Barbara H. Liskov, Eva Tardos, and Shafi Goldwasser.
 M.I.T. HUGH HAMPTON YOUNG MEMORIAL AWARD
- Established in 1965, the Award aims “to foster the development of outstanding individuals with the great breadth of vision and interests, and the capacity for technical leadership as exemplified by Hugh Hampton Young”.
- Each Department at M.I.T. nominates one graduate student for the Award. A committee from M.I.T. selects the finalists, who are later interviewed by M.I.T. alumnae to determine the awardees.
- Awardees have demonstrated “high integrity and moral character, strong determination to accomplish goals, clear coordination and leadership skills, exceptionally broad interests, interdisciplinary training and development, and creativity in cross-disciplinary concepts”.
- Feature in the M.I.T. News.
 MCKINSEY NEXT GENERATION OF WOMEN LEADERS AWARD 2020
- Award designed and granted by the strategy and corporate finance consulting firm McKinsey to recognize the Next Generation of Women Leaders.
- ~30 awards granted annually worldwide.
- Provides the awardee with a mentor within the firm.
 FUNDACIÓN RAFAEL DEL PINO EXCELLENCE AWARD
- ~10 competitive scholarships awarded annually to pursue graduate studies in the field of interest.
- The objective of the Award is to foster the education of the future leaders of Spain.
- Fellows demostrated leadership skills and excellent academic records.
- ~800 applicants.
Rafael del Pino Foundation Cohort of 2019 Excellence Fellows
You can check out my profile in the Rafael del Fino Excellence Fellows Association here and the video from the cohort of 2019 fellows (both in Spanish).
 GOOGLE WOMEN TECHMAKERS (Anita Borg) NORTH AMERICA SCHOLARSHIP
- Scholarship awarded by Google to womxn based on academic performance, who have excelled in computing and who are active leaders in the field.
- 10-20 scholarships awarded annually.
- The Award includes a retreat to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors while participating in professional and personal development training and workshops.
Google Scholar's Retreat in Googleplex (Mountain View, CA)
 SPANISH NATIONAL AWARD FOR ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
- 45 official awards given annually by the Government of Spain.
- The award honors the students that exhibited the best academic performance in each field during their undergraduate studies in Spain.
- The award was personally handed over by the Minister of Education of Spain (Pedro Duque, first Spanish astronaut) in a ceremony at the Auditorio Nacional de Música, in Madrid.
Seven students (class of 2014) from the University of Navarra got the prize that year! Check it out in the news (in Spanish).
Pedro Duque, Minister of Science, Innovation and Universities, during his speech at the award ceremony (left) and awardees (right)
 LA CAIXA FOUNDATION FELLOW (NORTH AMERICA)
- 45 competitive fellowships awarded each year. 12 of them for Science and Engineering.
- The fellowship provides full funding for 2 years in any graduate program of my choosing in North America or Asia.
- Ranked #1 among the Theoretical and Applied Sciences category applicants.
- ~550 applicants.
- The applicants are evaluated and interviewed by committees formed by university professors of the corresponding field.
- The award was personally handed over by the King of Spain in a ceremony in Barcelona (video summary of the event).
- You can check out my profile in the La Caixa fellows website.
Award reception (left and center) and cohort of 2017 La Caixa fellows (right)
 M.I.T. PRESIDENTIAL FELLOW
- Prestigious M.I.T. fellowship awarded to recruit the most outstanding students to pursue graduate studies at the Institute.
- Fellows are nominated by Professors at M.I.T. and selected by the Provost and President.
- Sponsored by Akamai Technologies.
 IEEE CSS TRAVEL AWARD
- Awarded to cover the travel expenses and registration for the CDC 2020 conference.
 SIAM TRAVEL AWARD
- Awarded to cover the travel expenses and registration for the SIAM MS20 conference.
 CAJA RURAL GLOBAL FELLOW
- Awarded by Caja Rural de Navarra (Spanish bank) to develop my Master Thesis as a visiting student at M.I.T.
 SANTANDER BANK EXCELLENCE FELLOW
- Awarded by Santander Bank in competitive regime to the best academic records.
- Partially covered the tuition of my Master's.
 KUTXA ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE AWARD
- Basque prize awarded annually by Kutxa Bank Foundation to recent graduates with the best academic record in each discipline.
 UNIVERSITY OF NAVARRA EXCELLENCE AWARD
- Awarded by University of Navarra because I graduated #1 among all the engineering students of Class 2014.
 BASQUE GOVERNMENT EXCELLENCE AWARD
- Awarded by the Basque Government to the students that most brilliantly completed their high-school studies.
- Partially covered the tuition of my freshman year.